Wednesday, September 23, 2009

First Post-past and present

So, here's the deal....

I'm starting a blog (obvious) and it's going to be all about changes in the past, present and future. So where did this idea come from? Glad you asked! Firstly, I need to give a shout out to friend and awesome photographer, Helen Joy George. In search of doing something creative, she suggested a blog. Another reason this blog got started was because of the summer of 2005. It was the summer after my sophomore year of college, and I was going crazy. CRAZY I TELL YOU!! : ) Where do all kids go when they're hurt and feeling a little defeated? Running home to mommy. I have no shame in admitting this. But in my defense, I needed someplace solid for the changes which were about to spring forth. I had gained sooo much weight. I was depressed, and I just did not know what to do with myself. So, here I am. A fat college student who has run home to mommy for answers and consoling. What I was about to find out was that I had the ability to change all along. I became a secretary at a funeral home for the summer (funny stories to follow in later posts) and I also took up jogging and swimming. The folks reside in Florida, so swimming was my treat after jogging. Well, the pounds started to shed my friends. It was wonderful. I mean my confidence was insanely high. I also started eating a tad more healthily. No more late night binges of Lou and Perry's, only the best truck stop in the world, with the greasiest food. If your ticket doesn't have grease on it, then you don't have to pay - your ticket will always have grease on it, trust me. So, flash forward about four years. I'm around 50 pounds lighter. Big problemo though....I've hit the ever dreaded plateau. Ahhhhh!!!!!! Can't drop a pound even if I cut off an arm. So, I'm going to start this blog to keep myself in check. If I know you're reading it then I might feel some sort of accountability at trying to lose the weight and trying to keep it all off. I'm going to have my first weigh in tomorrow morning. I won't tell everyone how much I weigh, just the amount that I've lost. So, here's my conviction for those of you reading. Ask me how I'm doing. Encourage me. Pray for me. Give me tips!!! OK, more to come. The hubby wants me to bed. Get out of the gutter already!!

XOXO Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment